Welcome Back to School Message
Dear Da Vinci Families,
We hope you share our enthusiasm for the new school year ahead! Our staff has been working hard to prepare for your child's return to campus.
We have a few important reminders and updates to share with you:
School Schedules. As shared previously, Da Vinci Communications, Da Vinci Design and Da Vinci Science have new start and end times as required by a new California law mandating that school start no earlier than 8:30 am for high schoolers. Please see the June 3rd update for detailed information.
2022-23 Academic Calendars for all schools can be found HERE.
Drop-off and Pick-up. Please do not drop off or pick up your students on the street outside your school. Please use the system we have in place on all campuses or find a safe and legal alternative that does not interfere with our local neighbors and businesses.
Meals. Free meals have been extended through the 2022-23 school year for all students. Find the latest information on our Meals webpage. It’s incredibly important for all families to complete the Household Income Data Collection form to maximize federal funding for all students. This form will be completed in your SchoolMint account as part of the First Day forms that were recently sent out.
COVID Exposure & Reporting. Please have your child stay home if COVID-positive OR if s/he has symptoms and were recently exposed to someone with COVID. Please contact your principal and school nurse for testing and return to school guidance. There is additional COVID-related info below.
Indoor Air Quality & Ventilation. Da Vinci has invested in a number of upgrades on all campuses, including improvements for increased ventilation, upgraded filters, ionization systems, portable, high-efficiency air cleaners (HEPA), and UV lights. All systems were checked and underwent maintenance over the summer. You will also see open windows and doors and the use of outdoor space.
Security. We have spent the summer reviewing and refining our safety protocols and procedures, including our emergency drills. We continue to work with our local first responders to ensure that we are prepared to meet the safety needs of our students and staff.
Additional COVID Information
Da Vinci Schools will continue to follow the required COVID-19 safety protocols set forth by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health to keep our staff and students as safe as possible. Our priority is to reduce transmission of COVID-19 while engaging in in-person learning and through Da Vinci experiences such as community dialogues, clubs, etc.
Should any of the Los Angeles County Public Health Orders change and impact our school policies, we will update you immediately.
Shared practices we can all engage in that create healthy and safe classrooms and campuses include the below listed COVID-19 protocols for Fall 2022:
- Masks are strongly recommended regardless of vaccination status but are not required indoors or outdoors
- Meals will be eaten outdoors only
- Cleaning will occur daily in all used spaces; disinfection will not occur while students and staff are on campus
- As shared above, Da Vinci has invested in a number of upgrades, including improvements for increased ventilation, upgraded filters, ionization systems, portable, high-efficiency air cleaners (HEPA), and UV lights. Our HVAC systems are routinely maintained.
- We encourage students and staff to participate in our free COVID testing program at all sites:
On-site rapid antigen tests are available during school hours at all Da Vinci campuses. All participants in rapid testing program must register for the new school year. Students should pre-register for testing here.
- Take home tests are also available on every campus.
- Per LACDPH guidelines, DV Schools will utilize rapid antigen tests and has discontinued its PCR testing program.
- Stay home if COVID positive OR if you have symptoms and were recently exposed to someone with COVID. Please contact your principal and school nurse for testing and return to school guidance.
Individuals who test positive for COVID-19 should notify their close contacts and follow County Isolation Instructions.
- Individuals who are exposed to COVID should come to school as long as they have no symptoms and are required to wear a mask for 10 days from the last exposure.
- Practice good hand washing and cough etiquette
- Vaccination and boosting when eligible is strongly recommended for all students and staff
- DV Schools will continue to send close contact notices for those who experience a COVID exposure at school
We hope you enjoy your final few days of summer. We can't wait to see you next week!