With 4 seasons of fun, and at least 3 of them good for cycling, we recommend putting a visit to Grey County high up on your getaway wish list this year.
Located south of the shoreline and beaches of Georgian Bay, with the Niagara escarpment providing the backdrop for Blue Mountain and Beaver Valley, you'll find charming communities and scenic farmland through to Owen Sound and south. Enjoy off-road cycling on a number of trails including the 32km Georgian Trail, or hit the quiet country roads on one of the manymapped cycling routes across the county.
The Welcome Cyclists Network recently expanded to Grey County, so you can now find certified bicycle friendly businesses and a number of other resources to help plan your visit and cycling adventures at: www.welcomecyclists.ca/greycounty
The following are some additional events and suggestions you may want to check out:
● PedalFest - July 12-14, a celebration of all things cycling at Blue Mountain.
● Peddle and Paddle - Guided or self guided tours departing from Blue Mountain.
● Georgian Bay Cycle Tours - Join a scheduled or request a customized tour, 1-2+ day itineraries.
● Centurion Blue Mountains - September 13-15, several route lengths to suit all looking for a challenge.
● Pedal Pushers - Personalized road and mountain biking skills training, with optional stop at spa.
● Cycle B&B South Georgian Bay - 10 participating B&B's offering cyclists extra services including luggage transfer.
Daydream a little further and watch this video to preview what could be similar to your very own two wheel tour. Additional information can also be found at: www.visitgrey.ca