Dear Parents of our MDO students,
OK, are you ready? Tomorrow is the day we start to welcome our MDO students back to campus and we are so thrilled! As you are well aware, all of our decisions have been made to keep you and your children as safe as you can be as you reenter our school campus. We have put many protocols and policies in place that we are hoping will keep everyone safe such as scheduling limited numbers of people in any one area, keeping you distanced from each other and we are keeping our school parents, at this time, out of our school classroom areas. Please know when it is deemed safe to relax these protocols we will do that, but for now, it is important to remember that all we are doing is for the safety of the children, parents and teachers/staff of Wesley Prep.
- Only MDO will start dropping off tomorrow so the campus will be relatively calm! Preschool will begin on Tuesday, September 8th so there will be more cars on campus at drop off and pick up times.
- Please know that admin staff will be available to help you and to direct you as you get familiar with the traffic flow.
- Every adult must wear a mask during drop off and pick up. Children under 2 do not need to wear a mask.
- TOMORROW, there is a chance of rain. We have a plan for you to distance inside as we welcome you and your child. An administrator will show you the way!
- TOMORROW, could be slower than usual to get kids in and out. Please be JOYFULLY patient as we work our way through our protocols for handing off and picking up!
- Please remember to use the Ascend health screener by 8:00am, which allows your child to be on campus.
- You will need a mobile device to check in and check out your child using the Brightwheel App.
- Early release the next two weeks at 11:45am – 11:55am for the Nursery and Room 106 and 12:00pm - 12:10pm for Room 105 and Room 107.
- Generally every year there is a fair amount of crying at drop off! We expect this year to be no different except that there may be MORE since a lot of the children have not had many opportunities to be away from the parents they love for the last few months! We have an extra adult assigned to a specific class to help with tearful children. If a child is inconsolable, we will call you for an earlier pickup!
- If your child has a lovey, please be sure and bring it and also make sure that your child has control of it when we are receiving the child from you. This will help make for a smoother hand off if we do not have to search in their bag for their lovey or pacifier while they are crying!
- Label, label, label with first name and at least the initial of your last name on all of their belongings.
- No lunch necessary since they will not stay past noon.
- No nap mat necessary since they will not stay past noon.
I know leaving your child with us this week might be hard on you because I’ve heard from many of you that you have not been separated from your children for the last 6 months in any consistent way! For many children it can take up to six weeks of them crying at drop off and some children will even begin to whimper when you get out of the car and head towards the building! I promise that we will do our very best to get them acclimated to school as quickly as possible and we would love for you to help us begin this process by confidently telling your children that you love them and you will return to get them and to have a fabulous day at school! Happy faces as you leave them with us and I will have tissues available if needed!
Thank you for sharing your children with us and trusting us to partner with you during these unprecedented times!
With faith, hope and love,
On a more personal note, I want to make sure that you know that I’m partially deaf and during regular times I have a hard time hearing so you can imagine how hard it is for me to hear now with masks and not being able to read lips! If I don’t answer you or answer weirdly, please know that I did not hear what you said! Speaking loudly at me or yelling is fine! Thank you for understanding.