Dear NW Women's Fitness Club Members,
Multnomah county has entered phase one, and we are OPEN! It seems like
so long ago
that NWWF closed it's doors temporarily due to COVID 19 and
we have missed you!
This unprecedented journey has been tough on all of us as we navigate a new normal during the coronavirus pandemic. Our staff has been working very hard during our closure to ensure we can open safely and bring you the services that you love!
: Governor Brown and the Oregon Health Authority have clarified the requirements for the use of face coverings within fitness-related businesses in Multnomah County. To be in compliance with these guidelines, NWWF clients and members will be required to wear face coverings when they enter and exit the club, while you are moving through the club, and when you are within 6 feet of another individual who is not another member of your household.
Members will be allowed to remove their mask while exercising
provided that a 6 foot physical distance from other people can be maintained. Please keep your mask with you at all times to allow for moving around the club.
The following information is for
services. Our Virtual Only Membership will still be available and we will continue to add to our virtual class offerings and videos.
We are dedicated to having a safe place for members and clients to come back to, as well as a safe environment and working conditions for all of our staff. Here are some of the precautionary measures that we are making:
- We will allow 12 people into the club in the downstairs area, and 10 participants in group fitness classes to allow for social distancing. A reservation system has been set up so you can make an appointment to come in to the club. Appointments are available in 50 minute increments, on the hour only.
- We have marked specific 8 foot square workout areas in the weight room and 6 X 7 feet in the group fitness room.
- Cardio equipment has been moved or closed for use to allow for social distancing. There is a time limit of 30 minutes to ensure everyone who has an appointment can have access to cardiovascular exercise.
- Weight machines have been moved 6 feet apart.
- Child care will remain closed for the time being.
- The locker room, showers, sauna, the light/aromatherapy room will all be closed.
- We have created a one-way traffic pattern in the restroom.
- Sanitation stations will be available around the club
- We will not offer sweat towel service nor allow outside towels to come in to the club. Disposable towels will be available.
- No day passes will be available. We are reserving our limited occupancy to our club for members only.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask behind the front desk and around the club.
- All members will be required to wear a mask while inside the club.
Group Fitness, Personal Training and Team Training
- Group fitness classes will be scheduled to allow for time between classes and interior doors will remain open for ventilation.
- Group fitness attendees will be required to exit out of the gym through the group fitness door.
- Personal trainers will be available to train in the childcare room and co-ed studio only to allow the maximum amount of members to use the downstairs portion of the gym.
- Group fitness instructors and personal trainers will wear masks while working in the club.
- Group fitness participants will be required to wear a mask during class.
- Virtual options for both training and group fitness will remain available after re-opening for in-person services.
- All massage sheets and blankets will be changed and washed between services.
- The massage table will be sanitized after every client.
- Clients will change in the massage room and robes will not be available.
- Massage therapists will wear a mask for the duration of service and will change their smock between each client.
- Clients will be required to wear a mask for the duration of their service.
- If you have any symptoms of Covid - 19, please stay home.
- Members must wear a mask upon entry and exit, while moving around the club, and any time you are within 6 feet of another individual who is not a member of your household.
- We ask that all members be courteous and practice patience and social distancing.
- Members must sign up to attend classes in person and to reserve a specific workout time to use the club.
- Practice sanitation procedures and wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Members should bring their own yoga mats for class or stretching, as ours will be removed for the time being.
Members will now need to sign up
for each group fitness class that you want to attend
AND to reserve space to workout on your own.
How do I sign up?
- Using the NW Women's Fitness App , view "Gym Usage sign up" or "Group Fitness" to see available gym times and classes.
- Click on the time you want to workout or class you want to take.
- Click on "Book Class"
- Members must have an active membership to book their time at the club and group fitness classes.
We will have shortened operational hours at the club and will have a reservation system for members to come and workout in the facility.
NWWF Club hours
beginning Monday, June 22, 2020
5:45am - 4pm
closed for deep cleaning 11am - 12pm
12pm-1pm reserved for seniors
8:45am - 7pm
closed for deep cleaning 2pm - 3pm
3pm-4pm reserved for seniors
8:45am - 1pm Saturday
WE CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU!