LA County has extended a countywide curfew for all unincorporated and incorporated areas of the County. The order is in effect beginning tonight at 6:00 p.m. through 6:00 a.m., tomorrow morning.
No persons shall travel or be upon public streets, avenues, alleys, parks, ways or any other public place in the County of Los Angeles for the duration of this curfew. The following are exempt:
- Law enforcement personnel
- Firefighting personnel
- Emergency health care providers
- Emergency medical personnel
- Civilians engaged in police or emergency work
- Individuals seeing emergency care
- Individuals experiencing homelessness who are sheltering in place
- Individuals traveling to and from their place of employment, and
- Representative of the media.
Read the curfew order
On May 30, 2020 the Chair of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors proclaimed, pursuant to Chapter 2.68 of the Los Angeles County Code, the existence of a local emergency because the County of Los Angeles is affected or likely to be affected by a public calamity due to conditions of disaster or of extreme peril to the safety of person and property arising as a result of civil unrest in the County.
to read the State of Emergency proclamation.