You know that sinking feeling you get when you say yes to too many requests, take on too much when you know you won't be able to tackle it all, feel obligated to push yourself to the limit out of fear, anxiety, depression, loneliness,
competitiveness or something else? Being in over your head is never pleasant, yet it doesn't have to reduce you to a blubbering mess.
Here are some practical tips for what to do when you find yourself in over your head.
1. Take a deep breath.
2. Admit you took on too much - and ask for help.
3. Prioritize what must be done - not everything on your to-do list.
4. Pace yourself.
5. Make use of stress-reducing relaxation techniques.
6. Watch caffeine and energy-drink intake.
7. Enlist a friend to help.
8. Learn time management.
9. Know when it's time to stop.
10. Strive to maintain healthy work-life balance.
Learn more about these techniques Here