West Virginia CARES Act
Small Business Grants
are now being accepted for the West Virginia Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Small Business Grants through September 30, 2020. Up to $5,000 is available for eligible small businesses that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The state has defined eligible small businesses to include those that:
- Have between 1 and 35 full time employees (at least 1 of which is not also an owner/member/shareholder of the business)
- Have their principal place of business in West Virginia
- Were qualified to do business in West Virginia and in operation as of March 1, 2020
- Are currently and intend to remain qualified to do business in West Virginia and in operation for at least the next twelve months
- Are in good standing with the State Tax Department and WorkForce West Virginia
- Are a for-profit business
- Are not in violation of any state order or decree (e.g., mine safety, DEP citations, etc.)
- Are not presently suspended, debarred, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or otherwise excluded from participation in any federal grant program, and are not presently a debtor in any pending bankruptcy (including any owners of the business)
- Have suffered eligible expenses and/or losses because of the COVID-19 pandemic
of eligible expenses and losses is available on the state’s website.
The application process requires the applicant to be registered as a
Vendor in the wvOASIS system
Any business that is not already registered should do so before starting the grant application.