The Pacific NorthWest Economic Region (PNWER) was
created in 1991 by the states of Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, Washington, and the Canadian provinces of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon and Northwest Territories.
PNWER is a statutory public/private non-profit dedicated to
increasing the economic well-being and quality of life for all citizens of the region, while maintaining and enhancing our natural environment.
Our overarching goals are to:
- Coordinate provincial and state policies throughout the region
- Identify and promote "models of success"
- Serve as a conduit to exchange information.
- Promote greater regional collaboration
- Enhance the competitiveness of the region in both domestic and international markets
- Leverage regional influence in Ottawa and Washington D.C.
- Achieve continued economic growth while maintaining the region's natural environment
PNWER's 22 working groups develop yearly action items at our Summits to continually advance policy initiatives with public and private stakeholders.