: “Robot Monkey Hullabaloo” (Season 2, Episode 15) is streaming on Hulu and is recommended for Grades PK+. In this PBS Kids show based on the beloved book series, George and the Man in the Yellow Hat live in “the city” in an apartment building with a pigeon coop on the roof—remind you of a city you may know about or live in? While we love curiosity and monkeys, we also adore robots! In this episode, George visits a museum to see an exciting robot exhibit. Back at home, he decides to build a robot costume, using various items he finds around the house. We hope after watching this episode you’ll be inspired to make a robot creation of your own.
Curious George: “Robot Monkey Hullabaloo”
(Season 2, Episode 15) Hulu
- Where does George go with the Man in the Yellow Hat in this episode?
- Describe the exhibit they see at the museum. What objects are on display? How do you know George likes the exhibit from how you see him respond?
- Because George can’t play with the collectible robots at home, what does he decide to do?
- What materials does he use to build his costume?
- What kind of trouble does he get into and why?
Books with awesome monkey characters:
Willy the Wimp by Anthony Browne and the classic
Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathman
Graphic novels featuring excellent robots:
Robot vs. Monkey by James Kolchaka and
Robot Dreams by Sarah Varon
Extension Activity: Make Your Own Robot
Materials: Cardboard boxes, construction paper, scissors, tape, markers, glue, etc.