To help leaders audit whether they are meeting these four needs and gauge what their people are thinking, Gallup reviewed past research, applied it to the current COVID-19 crisis, and developed a very short pulse survey that you can send out and get a high response rate in only two days.
The tool includes five items built around the most important actionable organizational practices that will increase trust, compassion, stability and hope:
- My leadership has a clear plan of action.
- I feel well-prepared to do my job.
- My supervisor keeps me informed about what is going on.
- My organization cares about my well-being.
- Over the past 24 hours how often have you been practicing social distancing?
One thing is clear. Employees look to leadership to provide a path and to provide confidence that there is a way forward that they can contribute to.
Information provided by Gallup