PASSION & PURPOSE
As we get more in-depth with the 2022-2023 school year, we are determined more than ever to bring education to life (outside of the four walls) for all of our students. I strongly believe that it’s our responsibility to assist students in merging their Passion and Purpose. I also believe that when students learn to connect passion with their purpose, their life will be more meaningful, rewarding, impactful, and fulfilling.
My desire is that when students matriculate through Lift For Life Academy, they can easily answer the following questions and know their passions which lead to purpose:
- What things do I do that give me joy?
- Which subjects interest me to learn and learn more?
- What job/work can I volunteer to do for a long time without financial reward?
- What would I use my time for if I could do what I like and still get paid?
- What makes me feel “in the zone”? What do I do very skillfully, easily, and delightfully?
So how are we truly doing this at LIFT FOR LIFE ACADEMY?
At the Elementary School Level:
We EXPOSE kids and give them EXPERIENCES. This is through hands-on learning, field trips, and curricular choices that open their minds. If kids don't know what's out there, they will dream too small. Oftentimes our students, even our older students, when they're asked what they want to do in life, you hear the same responses that have been heard for years from all kids. We want to show our students a myriad of problems that need to be solved, people that need help, places that can be explored, careers that can be pursued, etc. so they can see where their passion lies.