Grace and Peace to you Friends. This Sunday our Worship is centered on debt. Oh...that's sounds exciting right? Well per usual, Jesus turns some of our every day topics upside down, or should we say rather, right side up in an upside down world? The kind of debt Jesus is talking about is not the kind that comes along with credit cards. The apostle Paul writes in the Letter to the Romans 8 that we have our every day debts we worry about, but Jesus has something different in mind when it comes to what we owe. Tune in Sunday at 10 to find out more.
For this Labor Day weekend, I leave you with a prayer.
A Prayer for Workers
Loving, Working God,
On this Sunday we ask your special blessing on all people who labor, either for pay or as volunteers, in jobs or at school, in the workplace or at home, in the U.S. and around the world.
We especially pray for your blessings on workers who do not have jobs and for those whose inadequate pay does not allow them to live the full life you intend for each of us.
Creator God, help us to build a new world in the midst of the old.
- A world where all workers are valued.
- A world where those who clean houses are also able to buy houses to live in.
- A world where those who grow food can also afford to eat their fill.
- A world where those who serve and care for others are, themselves, also served and cared for.
- We pray for the coming of a world where all workers everywhere share in the abundance that you have given us.
- We ask these things knowing that you give us the courage and strength to live out our faith in the workplace and the marketplace, as well as in the sanctuary.
Please reach out if you would like a prayer, a phone call or outdoor visit.
God's Blessings on you,