We have an
This extra period is for students in need of recovering credits.
Please contact/see your counselor to register - you can start right away!
8th period is from 3-3:45 two nights/week with a teacher present to support students in all subject areas.
application will open on
You can find the application link
STEP UP is a summer internship program,
open to Minneapolis residents between the ages of 14 and 21 (by June 1, 2019) who are eligible to work in the US and are not yet enrolled in college (PSEO is ok).
ONE of the following must ALSO apply:
- You meet family income guidelines
- You are a student with a disability
- You have an IEP or 504 plan
- You are an English language learner
- You are a pregnant or parenting teen
- You have been involved with the justice system
If you registered for the December 8th test, be at your testing center at 8:00 am tomorrow!!
The CCC has many
coming to visit with interested students. Students can sign up through Naviance or come directly to the CCC for a pass. Here are the
upcoming college rep visits
North Dakota State College of Science Mon December 10, 2018 1:30 PM
St. Cloud State University Wed December 12, 2018 10:45 AM
Southwest Minnesota State University Tue December 18, 2018 10:30 AM
Roosevelt Foundation Scholarship
will be opening on December 12th. One application is used for 30-40 different scholarships through the Roosevelt Foundation. Check the Roosevelt Counseling Department webpage for more information or stop by/contact the Career & College Center for info!
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Must be a graduating senior from Roosevelt High School
AAUW Scholarship (Deadline February 8th, 2019): Receive $4,000 for your first year; renewable annually for a total award of $16,000; renewal based on satisfactory progress as a full-time student.
See your counselor to pick up the application!
- Female Minneapolis Resident
- Graduating senior from one of the Minneapolis Public Schools
- Educational Goal: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited 4-year institution
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.0
- Demonstrated Financial Need
Wallin Education Partners Scholarship (Deadline February 15, 2019): Receive up to $4000/year for up to 4 years; work with a professional advisor throughout college, and have access to college-to-career opportunities through Wallin EP sponsored events and activities. More information at https://wallinpartners.org/apply/
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Minimum 19 ACT composite
- Have applied and intend to attend a private or public not-for-profit four-year institution in MN, IA, SD, ND, or WI or any Historically Black College or University in the Nation immediately after high school (no gap year)
- Have a family taxable income of $75,000 or less (line 43 on your 2017 1040), low-to-moderate assets, and have financial need with regard to financial aid
Catch a Break Scholarship
(Deadline March 15): Receive up to $10,000. More information at https://www.scholarsapply.org/catchabreak/
- Be current high school seniors or graduates, ages 21 and under.
- Be United States citizens and residents of Minnesota.
- Be accepted for enrollment for the first time in full-time undergraduate studies at an accredited public four-year college or university in Minnesota for the entire 2019-2020 academic year.
- Live on campus for the first year of undergraduate studies.
- Have a minimum composite ACT score of 24 or higher.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
U of M, Twin Cities, College of Science & Engineering Field Trip
10th and 11th grade students’ will have the opportunity to visit the University of Minnesota. Students will engage in an interactive Biomedical Optics presentation and network with professors, staff, and students.
When: Monday, December 17, 2018
Time: 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
You can pick up a permission slip from your science teacher, GEAR UP staff, or in the CCC. Please return permission slips to your science teacher or GEAR UP staff by
Thursday, December 13, 2018. The first 40 who return permission slips will be guaranteed a spot.
Questions about anything Career & College related? Contact: Career & College Center 612-668-4822