We as a community need to now, more than ever, come together and support each outher during these difficult times. We are all in this together and even though you may feel helpless in these circumstances, there are many ways you can support others. Leadership Toledo shared with DYS a few ways to serve your community during these unprecedented times.
Meal Prep and Distribution for Kids
There are multiple organizations in our region who are supporting those affected by school closings. Some include:
- United Way of Greater Toledo
- Sylvania Area Family Services
- Springfield Local Schools
- Washington Local Schools
Support Local Wherever Possible
- Purchase JupMode's latest Community Shirt - Proceeds from this shirt will benefit those impacted locally by COVID-19 through the United Way Emergency Response Fund, 2020.
- Order carryout or purchase gift cards from local restaurants - We partnered with over 35 local restaurants during Restaurant Week Toledo who supported our mission, let's share the love! Please check with individual restaurants as hours, menus, and operating procedures are limited at this time.
- Send flowers to local assisted living facilities - For $10, Beautiful Blooms by Jen will deliver flower arrangements to Oak Leaf Village of Toledo and Franciscan Health Care Center for senior citizens who are not permitted visitors right now.
- Shop Local Toledo. Order online or buy gift cards if you can.
As more opportunities to help become available, we will do our best to share those on our social media channels. Stay safe, healthy, involved where you can, and us here at DYS looks forward to connecting with you as conditions improve.