PACN is excited to share with you that we have initiated a partnership with the Texas Pregnancy Care Network (TPCN).
- God has moved on the hearts of faith-based Texas Legislators to redirect tax dollars from Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers to life affirming organizations such as PACN.
- Texas Right to Life participated in architecting this legislation along with lawmakers.
- TPCN is a high-integrity nonprofit organization that was established to administer these funds to pregnancy centers, adoption agencies, maternity homes and women's clinics with the requirement that funds cannot be used for abortion or birth control.
Why we are excited about partnering with the Texas Pregnancy Care Network:
- TPCN helps extend and drive operational excellence on policies and procedures helping protect partner agencies from harassment campaigns.
- The TPCN model honors clients' boundaries and deepens the opportunities to not only share the Gospel but to actively disciple clients.
- As part of the TPCN network, we will be able to extend client care from 12 months to 36 months, allowing us more time to serve and build a relationship with each individual.
- Further separation of volunteer roles allow for specialization, leveraging each volunteer's God-given strengths.
- Key aspects of the partnership are that PACN will be reimbursed for the services we are already providing and those funds can be used wherever needed within the ministry (unplanned repairs; infrastructure items such as technology, training; security and development activities, etc.).
- PACN remains classified as a religious organization, which means that we may continue to discriminate in the hiring and appointment of staff and volunteers, ensuring we all must be in agreement and committed to PACN's Statement of Faith.
While this funding source will most assuredly end when the political winds in Austin change, PACN expects to build a strong infrastructure that will last long beyond the funding.
TPCN reimbursements, along with your continued giving allows us to follow God into this new season. We are excited to see how God will extend our boundaries.
If you have questions, please feel free to call me at 936-441-7755 or email me at Bonnie@pacn.org.
Statement of support from Pastor Jeff Wells, WoodsEdge Church:
"WoodsEdge is a committed supporter/partner with PACN in its ongoing fight to save babies, support moms and families and bring healing for those who have experienced abortion. We are pleased that our faith-based state congressional leaders have made the decision to take funds away from abortion providers and in turn make them available to life affirming agencies. WoodsEdge supports PACN's decision to become part of the Texas Pregnancy Care Network as they extend the fight for life in our community. Please pray and support PACN in this new season. I encourage you to join God where He is actively working by volunteering your time, talent and/or treasure."