FISH - The True TA
E on Fish
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Food and Drug Administration have placed canned tuna on its "choices to avoid" list for pregnant women and small children due to
high mercury levels.
I'm often asked about what I think about fish.. well here is my take.
Fish You Should Not Eat (Dr, Mercola)
I am not a fan of farmed fish. One of the worst farmed fish is farmed salmon, which is best avoided because:
• It is one of the most toxic foods in the world;6 tests reveal farmed salmon is five times more toxic than any other food product tested
• Contains about half the omega-3 levels of wild salmon
• Is often fed a genetically-modified diet of corn and soy products
• May contain antibiotics, pesticides and other chemical toxins due to the unsanitary and overcrowding conditions that often accompany fish-farming operations
• May be genetically engineered
HOW CAN YOU TELL?
The wild salmon fillet tends to be more "red/orange" color while the farm raised one is more "orange" and less red. Farm raised tends to be lighter in color and sometimes has more fat. Also, the distance between the grains (tendons) are wider for the farm raised one. Most waiters do no know whether this fish is farmed or wild nor the source and often they will tell you it is wild because most of us can't tell the difference.