You're pursuing your dream and taking all the right steps to make it happen. You're inspired, motivated, setting goals and reaching them! You're giving it all you've got until suddenly, something happens that trips you up and stops you in your tracks. You're stumped and can't see a way forward. Doubt creeps in, crippling you and just like that, you've hit the proverbial wall.
What to do?
- Stop and remind yourself to breathe.
- Take a break and get out in nature or do something fun.
- Remember why you are doing what you are doing.
- Don't listen to the lies your mind may be telling you such as "I can't" or "It's too hard." None of those things are true and you are more capable than you know.
- Try brainstorming with others or call on your support network.
- Don't look at the whole wall. Instead, focus on just one brick at a time.
- Get creative! A new perspective might be all you need to break through the wall.
- Take steps, even small ones, in the right direction.
- Don't aim for perfect - it doesn't exist. Aim for doing the very best you can do.
- Keep moving forward.