As you know by now, COVID-19 is wreaking havoc across the globe. I'm writing to reinforce guidelines to remain healthy and minimize the spread of any contagious disease so all of us can return to our norms.
- WASH YOUR HANDS often. Dirty hands are the #1 way germs are spread. Use soap and warm water for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer.
- DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE with dirty hands.
- COVER YOUR MOUTH when you cough or sneeze then wash your hands.
- AVOID PUBLIC PLACES when ill with flu-like symptoms.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: the CDC recommends a 6-foot separation from others.
- SEE A DOCTOR if you have any symptoms.
- DO NOT get a massage if you have the flu, a fever, cold or cough; reschedule as soon as possible.
- DO NOT get a massage if you have consumed alcohol or used drugs within 8 hours of your appointment.
- DO NOT get a massage if you have taken pain medication within 2 hours of your appointment.
Also, Massage Therapists should always
- wash their hands before and after giving a massage
- sanitize equipment
- use clean linens