A careful reading of the plan reveals the
is that we will be limited to gatherings of 10 through the summer. There are also solid indications that group singing will not be safe until phase 5. GLC staff is busy planning, going to webinars to learn more, and pushing through our creative boundaries.
Here is what we know now:
- We will continue to broadcast Sunday Worship even when we can safely gather. It has been a positive addition to our offerings.
- We will be adding new elements to Sunday Worship, pre-recorded from homes and added to the service, so you’ll get to ‘see’ more of the body of Christ.
- We will not be opening up the Sunday service for in-person attendance during the phases where 10 or less can gather as it takes 5 people and a great deal of equipment to do all the tasks required for broadcasting in its current form.
- We are contemplating what safe, small group gatherings could like like in phases 3 and 4
- If you have questions or concerns, please email Pastor Trudy
Certainly this news comes with some disappointment and maybe frustration or anger. It goes on the list of one more thing to grieve. We don’t have to run from these feelings to be faithful. We can read Psalm 131 and join David in lament.
And then we will do the next thing our faith calls us to do
go about the work of making meaning from this suffering. We will continue to add to our list of ways we practice our faith differently than Sunday Worship. We will continue to support each other and those most vulnerable, writing notes until our hands cramp. We will keep sharing photos on GLC’s Facebook and Instagram pages to say ‘hi’ and make us smile. We will continue sharing the worship service with people far and near. We will wear our masks and keep required space around us. We will listen carefully for God’s voice in the midst of the noise and look eagerly for Jesus’ leading.