M3 modules deliver precision motion in wearable systems for extended (XR), virtual (VR), augmented (AR) and mixed (MR) reality devices.
They are light weight, small in size, use low power, and have embedded processing in the module. They enable motion features that enhance the quality and comfort of the XR experience.
Applications for M3 modules in XR systems include:
- Focus, zoom and jitter compensation
- Vergence-accomodation conflict resolution in binocular vision with fixed wearable projectors
- Active dimming via uniform shutter motion
- High-density haptic actuation with multiple actuators providing pressure on the body for a more immersive experience
- Foveation using a large-aperture, two-axis steering mirror to place the highest-resolution image where the wearer is looking at any given instant.