What do the American Association of Orthodontists, IBM, and The Risk and Insurance Management Society all have in common?
They didn't pick Miami Beach.
These conventions are part of the nearly 500,000 lost room nights that makes up more than
$130million of missed revenue opportunity to Miami Beach
since 2015 as a result of NOT having an attached Convention Center Hotel.
Miami Beach's NEW convention center hotel deal has all of the great attributes of the last deal and corrects what voters didn't like in 2015:
- no city subsidy is required
- there will be no gambling component
- it won't impact the Jackie Gleason Fillmore theater.
Meanwhile, the new hotel:
- Is more than 100 feet lower in height
- Mitigates traffic impact via interior passenger and freight loading
- Will have a world class design by famed architects Arquitectonica.
Email me to request a presentation at your next Community meeting, or to get answers to any of your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can join us on Tuesday 7/24 in Commission Chambers, we are having a Q&A session before the Commission vote.
Commissioner John Elizabeth Alemán