The COVID positivity rate is increasing in our community which is causing our school rates to increase as well, and we NEED YOU to help us slow the spread of the virus.
Luna County’s positivity rate has risen to 8.66% this week. We are committed to prioritizing in-person learning and need everyone to do their part to ensure schools can remain open and our kids can participate in athletics and activity programs. COVID Safe Practices include:
· Avoid being in crowds or large groups.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water.
· Correctly wear a mask indoors. (Mask should cover nose and mouth)
· Maintain 6 feet physical distance.
· If you are sick (fever, chills, shortness of breath, runny nose, headache, etc.), STAY HOME
· PARENTS: keep your child home if they are sick.
· Stay home if you have been tested and are waiting for results.
· Get vaccinated, if eligible.
The NM Public Education Department, in partnership with NM Department of Health have published a COVID-19 Response Toolkit for New Mexico Public Schools to follow. The toolkit along with COVID-19 updates are available on the district’s website www.demingps.org. To provide in-person learning opportunities to our students, Deming Public Schools will follow all COVID Safe Practices, directives provided by the Governor’s Health Orders, and guidance established by the NM Public Education Department. For more information, please visit our website or call (575) 546-8841.