Hello! Thank you for subscribing to our updates on the Winchester Street Reconstruction project. Please drive slowly and watch for equipment and laborers in the work zone. Below are some detailed updates:
Work over the past week included:
- Installation of flashing pedestrian beacons to allow customers to safely cross Winchester Street from Key Road to Riverside Plaza
- The Key Road roundabout was put into service.
- We have noticed some roadway users attempting to turn left as they enter the roundabout. Please be aware that popular mapping applications have not yet been updated to reflect the change. The City has requested these applications to update their maps accordingly. If directions from a mapping application conflict with the on-site signage, please follow the signage.
We have compiled a number of helpful resources for navigating a roundabout on the project website.
- Adjustment of concrete barriers to allow work along the eastern side of Winchester Street.
- Removal of the temporary traffic signal at the intersection of Winchester Street and Key Road.
- Installation of flexible traffic delineators to reduce travel lanes north of Key Road to one lane in each direction.
- Stormwater pipe and catch basin installation.
Work planned for next week includes:
- Continued installation of stormwater pipes and structures within the Phase 1 work area.
- Installation of sewer manholes in the Phase 1 work area.
- Removal of curbing along the grassed island near Island Street.
- Removal and filling of existing stormwater pipe.
See photos of recent work HERE.
Closure of the Island Street Bridge to vehicles is tentatively scheduled for April 24. Once this happens, there will be a number of signed detours in place for road users to find their way to Winchester Street, West Street, and Pearl Street. Maps are available on the project website to help guide road users in advance of the bridge closure. We look forward to making this a successful project this year.