Congratulations Again to our 2020 HCC Business Plan Competition Graduates and Winners!
The 2020 HCC Business Plan Competition celebrated a 92 percent graduation rate on Thursday, June 18, after four months of training and advising, with twenty-four teams completing the competition. Seed money was awarded to the top five teams.
Congratulations to our Prize Winners:
- 1st Place - $12,000 - Specialty Diving, LLC: John Hadley - Specialty Diving LLC is a commercial diving and marine construction company that provides divers and marine services (crane barges, dive support vessels, marine construction equipment) to perform construction and inspection projects for both private parties and governmental agencies.
- 2nd Place - $8,000 - Learning Ninjas: Sarah Mercier - Learning Ninjas are online learning experts providing high-touch services to organizations that need to train their workforce or the communities they serve, but don't have the capabilities to do so.
- 3rd Place - $4,000 - GotSpot: Reda Hicks - GotSpot is an Airbnb-style platform for sharing all kinds of commercial space; a marketplace where businesses that have space, and businesses that occasionally need space, find one another.
- Honorable Mention - $1,000 - Cubicles to Cocktails: Christa Clarke - Cubicles to Cocktails is a platform for women of color to build their networks through meaningful community-based conversations, resources, and events that young professional women of color find worthwhile in building their careers.
- Honorable Mention - $1,000 - Emeniss LLC: Arneisha Sadler - Emeniss Call Center provides small businesses with knowledgeable, US-based customer service representatives to answer calls about their products/service, process orders, gain customer feedback, and upsale at an economical price without sacrificing quality.
More Coming Soon About our Winners and
All of our 2020 Competition Graduates!