Feeling more stressed than usual?
In the midst of COVID-19, self-care is a must in maintaining emotional health as well as high levels of productivity. Self-care isn't just good for your emotional wellbeing, it physically improves cognitive functioning. In this, taking time for yourself, provides more space for you to care for others.
Additionally, research shows that taking as little as 5 minutes of self-care sparks creativity, builds mental strength and increases empathy and productivity. This year and season has been tough but we are all in this together!
1. Start a journal.
Pick a subject to write about each time you make an entry.
- Name 10 things for which you are grateful.
- Make a list of short-term goals.
- Write down 10 words to describe yourself.
- Name some internal and external resources you have to help you through the pandemic.
- Share something that has made you proud or happy in the past two weeks.
- Write about current challenges in your life.
- Make a list of everything you’d like to say “no” to.
2. Take a walk outdoors
Bonus: put your phone away during this time! It can be as short as 5 minutes.
3. Go to bed 30 minutes earlier than usual.
If you generally cut your sleep short because you have too much to do, this is a great time to be well-rested.
4. Get rid of five things you never use.
Whether its items in your household junk drawer, clutter on your desk or clothing in the back of your closet.
5. Unsubscribe from "junk" emails.
Set a timer for 10, 15 or 20 minutes to declutter your inbox. Your future self will thank you!
6. Say a mantra that brings you comfort
"I am confident”
- “All will be well”
- “May I be happy and healthy”
Bonus: take 3 deep breaths after doing so!