Four Different Workshops offered:
December 27th, 10:00am-Noon: Empowerment Self-Defense for Tweens
(Mixed gender ages 9-12)
This training includes:
- How to know if something’s “not okay.”
- When it’s okay to say “no” to an adult.
- Skills for dealing with peers and adults you know and don’t know when they do something you don’t like or when you’re feeling uncomfortable.
- Who and how to tell someone or get help.
December 27th, 1:00-3:30pm: Empowerment Self-Defense for Teens
(Women/Non-Binary/Transgender ages 13-16)
Teens learn mental and physical skills that can help deal with creepers, bullies, and more. We cover:
- Understanding boundary violations — everything from harassment to attack – and how they’re related. This is key to prevention and avoiding being a target.
- Verbal skills for setting limits: How to say ‘no’ when you want to and how to ask for what you want. How to stick to your message when someone pushes the boundaries you’ve set.
- Physical techniques for if you’re ever attacked.
December 28th, 9:30am-noon: Preparing for College-High school seniors and college students (Women/Non-Binary/Transgender ages 17-20)
- Tailored to the lives and situations of college students, this training includes:
- How to prevent and avoid harassment, attack, and abuse
- How to stop a threatening situation with words
- Moves to use against common attacks.
December 28th, 1:00-4:00pm: Empowerment Self-Defense Class
for Adult Women/Non-Binary/Transgender
Anyone can do this! People of all sizes and abilities are welcome. You don’t have to be an athlete or martial artist to help yourself be safer.
- Awareness and prevention. By learning how attacks occur, you can better recognize when you are being targeted for assault or abuse. Using prevention methods at home, at work, at school, and on the street, you can reduce the likelihood of being targeted.
- Verbal skills for stopping an attack or abuse before it becomes physical. Verbal skills are the strongest line of defense against someone who crosses personal boundaries.
- Physical self-defense techniques. Students learn simple, effective strikes to use when other strategies are not an option.