Virginia Governor Ralph Northam announced that Virginia has lifted the statewide mask mandate and will lift other COVID-19 restrictions, including distancing and capacity restrictions, on May 28, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
What does this mean for you and your business?
- Fully-vaccinated individuals do not have to wear masks in most indoor settings, except on public transit, in health care facilities, and in congregate settings.
- Businesses retain the ability to require masks in their establishments.
- Employees who work in certain business sectors, including restaurants, retail, fitness, personal care, and entertainment, must continue to wear masks unless fully vaccinated.
- Those who are unvaccinated or not fully-vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear masks in all settings.
- Individuals will retain the option to wear masks.
- Masks will continue to be required in K-12 public schools, given low rates of vaccination among children.
Haven't received your vaccine yet?
Virginians over the age of 12 can schedule a vaccination appointment by visiting vaccinate.virginia.gov or calling 877-VAX-IN-VA (877-829-4682, TTY users call 7-1-1).