Several property owners on Witmer Lake channels worked together to submit a grant to the Indiana DNR to fund the dredging of portions of three Witmer Lake channels. The LARE grant could pay up to 80% of eligible costs to dredge these three channels located on the south side of Witmer Lake. The remaining 20% of the project costs will be paid for by property owners on those channels, if the grant application is successful. Indiana DNR will notify successful grantees in the Spring of 2020.