enjoys learning about the inherent wisdom of the body and helping her patients discover the same. She draws upon a variety of sources to help her patients achieve lasting change.
"Wellness is not simply being without pain or discomfort, it is about finding balance and ease within the body."
Before earning her Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Derya taught yoga for four years which has given her a unique view on body structure and function. Her treatment interests have since expanded to include dizziness and vestibular rehabilitation. This stemmed from her experience with patients who have had a concussion, and seeing the dramatic effect that addressing dizziness and balance deficits can have on their quality of life. In addition to concussion management, she also has additional training and experience with rehabilitation for runners and running gait analysis.
- B.S.: Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology. University of Colorado, Boulder. 2010.
- Doctorate: Physical Therapy. University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. 2016.
- Yearlong Clinical Internship: Wardenburg Health Center, Boulder, CO. 2016-2017
- Certified Yoga Instructor: 200 hour and 500 hour trainings, advanced trainings in adaptive and restorative yoga.
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association, Orthopedic Section.
"Finding the best approach for each person is a c
allenge and a
n art. The most effective is one that resonates with
ndividual. This is why I place so much weight on understanding a patient's
goals, lifestyle, and expectations."