Dear KBC Family,
As we continue to seek ways to help those affected by Hurricane Ida, we would like to present the opportunity to partner with Wes McKay and Crosspoint Baptist Church in serving those in need.
This Saturday, September 11 we can assist by joining Crosspoint as they work in New Orleans serving food in a local church plant, doing cleanup work, and delivering materials.
Please see Wes’ email to Crosspoint below. Please note that they will only need the donations he is requesting. If you or someone you know is going please bring these items to Crosspoint on Saturday.
If you have questions concerning this trip, please contact Wes at 225-250-7800.
The address of Crosspoint Baptist Church in Baton Rouge is;
14965 Airline Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
They will be departing Crosspoint for New Orleans at 8 am.
Here is the email Wes sent to Crosspoint Baptist Church:
Hey CP Family,
All hands on deck! This Saturday, September 11th, we will be traveling to New Orleans to serve with Pastor Andrew Hanna and Harvest Church.
We will need as many people as possible to help with cooking hotdogs, distributing food, and helping clean up debris. If you are able to serve this Saturday, please email the church office to let us know of your desire to participate.
Here are a couple of things to know:
• We will depart from CP (14965 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge, LA 70817) at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning and arrive at Phillis Wheatley Community School by 9:30 a.m.
• Harvest Church meets at Phillis Wheatley so that is where we will distribute food.
• We will be there from 9:30-2:30 helping with cooking, food distribution, and clean up.
• We will grill hot dogs, pass out individual bags of chips and cookies, and helping with clean up debris (chainsawing, tarping roofs, removing limbs, etc.)
• If you plan to donate items for the trip, please drop them off at the church office by this Friday
Tools Needed for Saturday
• Need 2 chainsaws (the church has 2), but you are welcome to bring your own. I can't promise that we will need more than two.
• Hammer and tarping nails
• We will need multiple grills to cook hot dogs. If you are willing to bring your grill on Saturday, please let us know.
***If you happen to have CP's pole saw, would you please bring it with you on Saturday. Thanks.***
If you can't attend, you can help by donating a few of the below items:
• Hot dogs
• Hot dog buns
• Individual packets of ketchup and mustard
• Individual bags of chips
• Individually wrapped cookies
• Foil sheets for wrapping hotdogs
• Roofing nails
The needs are changing daily for the church and their community, so let's try and be flexible and joyful as we serve this weekend. Thanks so much for your willingness to serve, CP Family. Please be in prayer for Pastor Andrew and Harvest Church as they recover and serve the community around them.
CrossPoint Baptist Church exists to make disciples of all nations for the good of all people and for the glory of God.