Reminders: All previous bulletins and other resources listed at
. Resource requests from our community institutions listed at the end of this bulletin. Send any questions to
ArtsPartners Resource Page for Artists and Art Organizations
Late last week ArtsPartners of Central Illinois launched a resource page designed to help local artists and arts organizations navigate COVID-19 relief funding opportunities. Access it
Improvements to the State Unemployment System
Governor Pritzker today outlined steps being taken to improve Illinois’ unemployment filing system which has bogged down under a record number of filings. Details on improvements
Illinois Workers Compensation Commission
At Governor Pritzker’s direction, the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission adopted an emergency rule that automatically presumes that the workplace was the cause of the virus if any worker becomes infected with COVID-19. Read the full rule
which goes into effect immediately.
Small Business Majority Resources
Small Business Majority is a national small business advocacy organization, founded and run by small business owners to ensure America's entrepreneurs are a key part of a thriving and inclusive economy. They have compiled resources for small businesses to tackle the COVID-19 crisis, including cataloging a variety of webinars. More
Summary of Key Issues in Paycheck Protection Program
Via the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, the firm of Greensfelder Hemker & Gale provides a summary of some key interpretations by the SBA regarding the Paycheck Protection Program. More
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois: Requesting monetary donations for the Central Illinois Disaster Recovery Fund. Information https://communityfoundationci.org/. Morton Chamber & EDC addition: The Morton Community Foundation has also announced a Morton Area Disaster Relief Fund for organizations serving those affected by COVID-19. Donations are being matched to up to $10,000. Donate here.
- UnityPoint Health: UnityPoint is seeking personal protective equipment (PPE) and other medical supplies. They are als in search of medical personnel to help them prepare in the event that there is an influx of sick patients. Information here.
- OSF Healthcare: OSF seeking personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators and other supplies. Information here.
- Peoria Innovation Alliance: PIA is gathering the maker community to discuss ways individuals and small companies can make supplies like masks. Information here.
- Heartland Health Services: Seeking personal protective equipment, medical supplies, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes unopened. More information here.
- UICOMP Accepting Handmade Masks – The University of Illinois College of Medicine is accepting donations of handmade masks. Details can be found here.
- IWIRC: Seeking standard PPE such as N-95/surgical/home-made masks, face shields, gowns, and latex-free gloves. Donated supplies can be dropped off at their downtown Peoria clinic location at 736 SW Washington St. Information here.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community Harvest and Midwest Food Bank are soliciting monetary donations to help support the influx of requests for food.Visit their sites for more info.
- Morton Chamber & EDC addition: Community United Church of Christ and Grace Church provided meals to Morton kids over Spring Break.To help cover some of the expenses, they are graciously accepting monetary donations. Checks can be made out to and mailed to Community United Church of Christ, 300 N. Main St, Morton, IL 61550 with the memo "School Meals".
Chief Executive Officer
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council