A Message to EMDC's Workforce Customers
We're here for you!
Although the COVID-19 virus is temporarily changing many aspects of day-to-day life, Eastern Maine Development Corporation (www.EMDC.org) continues to serve its customers! This is a challenging time for everyone, but we want to use it productively—assisting you in making progress toward meaningful and satisfying employment.
Our procedures will be different—with no public workshops or in-person meetings for now—but we will be available to provide career guidance and supportive services by phone, text and e-mail. Here’s what else you can expect:
- Career Advisors: Your Career Advisor, who continues to be your main point of contact for EMDC services, will be in touch with you in the coming days to make sure you have all necessary information.
- EMDC on Facebook: Information about EMDC, including our workforce development services and resources, will be posted on Facebook. Please visit, like and follow us on Facebook. In addition to communicating with your Career Advisor, Facebook will be source of news and updates to keep everyone connected and engaged.
- CareerCenters: Although Maine’s CareerCenters are temporarily closed to in-person visits, assistance remains available at www.mainecareercenter.gov. The website offers a “Live Chat” option to receive personalized guidance during regular business hours. The site provides a way to learn about and file unemployment claims, search for jobs and access other services.
- Work Readiness Workshops: These sessions, which take place Thursdays at 1:00 p.m. at the Bangor CareerCenter are postponed until further notice. Several EMDC customers have been attending. Work Readiness Workshops will start again as soon as possible. They’re great job-search and career-planning opportunities!
- Youth Workforce Academy: This special learning opportunity was set to begin later this month. If you were registered to participate, stay tuned for an update. If you’re between the ages of 16-24 and want to learn more about the Academy, please contact Leah Gulliver (firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-4026).
The EMDC team is fully committed to assisting you during this challenging time! Our desire is to provide support without interruption. We intend to do this while minimizing the risk of COVID-19. We’ll avoid large groups and minimize both travel and physical contact, but work remotely to offer assistance.
As always, EMDC looks forward to being of service to you!