What is the Best Way to Grade Participation?
Faculty members know it is essential for students to be active participants in their own education. The challenge, however, is developing a method to grade class participation. This webinar explores:
- Activities worth doing and how-to-do them.
- Common mistakes to avoid when grading participation.
- Ways to evaluate and refine the grading method.
How Do I Create a Lively, Yet Functional, Online Classroom?
Explore strategies to build and support an engaging online course experience. This environment supports student success by being:
- predictable; and,
MSU has a license to webinars developed by Magna. These resources are available through a password-protected website. For access, faculty need to:
- Log into MSU’s employee portal.
- Look under the My Classes (Blackboard) section for the Magna Training Site.
- If Magna isn't showing up in your list of courses, please send a request to be added to email@example.com.
Benefits of Magna Webinars:
I understand that you have a lot on your plate, so let me give you a few reasons why you should consider trying a Magna webinar:
- Each webinar takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- All webinars are available on your schedule since they are online and easily accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Webinars include supplemental materials such as bibliographies and handouts.
- Certificates of completion are available for professional portfolios and Faculty 180.