What is the Best Way to Grade Participation?
Faculty members know it is essential for students to be active participants in their own education. The challenge, however, is developing a method to grade class participation. This webinar explores:
- Activities worth doing and how-to-do them.
- Common mistakes to avoid when grading participation.
- Ways to evaluate and refine the grading method.
What Do Students Want in Online Courses?
The webinar addresses how to meet the needs of both students and faculty when developing online courses, including how to:
- Ask the right questions on the front end.
- Create a better online experience.
- Meet students' needs without sacrificing standards.
These licensed Magna resources are available through a password-protected website. For access, faculty need to:
- Log into MSU’s employee portal;
- Look under the My Classes (Blackboard) section for the Magna Training Site;
- If Magna isn't showing up in your list of courses, please send a request to be added to email@example.com.
Benefits of Magna Webinars:
I understand that you have a lot on your plate, so let me give you a few reasons why you should consider trying a Magna webinar:
- Each webinar takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- All webinars are available on your schedule since they are online and easily accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Webinars include supplemental materials such as bibliographies and handouts.
- Certificates of completion are available for professional portfolios and Faculty 180.