How Can I Use Low-stakes Quizzing to Enhance Learning?
The idea behind a frequent, low-stakes (FLS) grading system is simple - give numerous grades with lower weights. This webinar explores how, when used correctly, FLS can:
- Decrease faculty workload while increasing student motivation and confidence; and,
- Ensure students arrive to class prepared and ready to learn.
How Can Course Design Help Prevent Online Cheating?
Are you concerned about cheating in your online courses? This webinar explores strategies other schools have successfully used to:
- Minimize the potential of cheating;
- Increase student honesty and self-reliance; and,
- Decrease student anxiety regarding academic performance.
MSU has a license to webinars developed by Magna. These resources are available through a password-protected website. For access, faculty need to:
- Log into MSU’s employee portal.
- Look under the My Classes (Blackboard) section for the Magna Training Site.
- If Magna isn't showing up in your list of courses, please send a request to be added to email@example.com.
Benefits of Magna Webinars:
I understand that you have a lot on your plate, so let me give you a few reasons why you should consider trying a Magna webinar:
- Each webinar takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- All webinars are available on your schedule since they are online and easily accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Webinars include supplemental materials such as bibliographies and handouts.
- Certificates of completion are available for professional portfolios and Faculty 180.