Should I Take Attendance?
It can be challenging to identify when and how to take attendance to support a positive learning environment. This webinar offers strategies for responding to two particular issues:
- Giving students a reason to come to class rather than feeling like the instructor is forcing them to attend.
- Creating a positive and supportive perception, rather than a negative view, of the instructor.
Is Your Syllabus Sending the Wrong Message?
Your syllabus and classroom policies set the tone for your class, but they may not be creating a welcoming learning environment. This webinar provides tips for developing classroom policies to support student engagement and a smooth-running classroom.
MSU has a license to webinars developed by Magna. These resources are available through a password-protected website. For access, faculty need to:
- Log into MSU’s employee portal.
- Look under the My Classes (Blackboard) section for the Magna Training Site.
- If Magna isn't showing up in your list of courses, please send a request to be added to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Magna Webinars:
I understand that you have a lot on your plate, so let me give you a few reasons why you should consider trying a Magna webinar:
- Each webinar takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- All webinars are available on your schedule since they are online and easily accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Webinars include supplemental materials such as bibliographies and handouts.
- Certificates of completion are available for professional portfolios and Faculty 180.