Happy Mother’s Day to all of you wonderful, beautiful, awesome, amazing, God-loving mothers! I thank God for you and for your love and devotion to God and to your children and I hope you have a great day today!
Another week has passed and we find ourselves still in uncertain times. Like many of you, I thought we would be back in our beautiful sanctuary in worship and praise of God in person by now. But here I am sending out another email and video instead. Even though this is not what we were wanting, I still see God all in this situation, and I marvel at how He has turned our homes into His little sanctuaries all over the world. Worship and praise of our almighty God will continue no matter what happens!
For today our scripture reading is from John 15:9-17 and we see Jesus talking about one simple rule to live by – LOVE! As you hear the scripture read and the sermon delivered, I hope and pray each of you know just how much you are loved by Christ.
I want to encourage you all as we begin another week to live in and share the love of Jesus Christ as you trust Him completely. If you are feeling down or lonely, please reach out to me or to someone in your family or church family so we can pray with you and encourage you through Christ and His amazing love. Read John 15:9-17 throughout this week as our scripture theme for the week to be reminded of God’s love for you. We will get through this together as we remember that with God all things are possible.
A few announcements to be aware of and to remember:
- Our church offices and all church events remain closed and cancelled until further notice. NO ONE (other than staff) needs to be in the building for any reason without prior approval. Please contact me if you need to be inside the church for any reason.
- We are answering the church phones Monday through Friday from 9am-12pm only.
- If you have a prayer request OR a praise report, please share that with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NFUMC is allowing a food ministry outreach group to use our covered drive thru area (by the church offices) Monday through Friday 2-3pm to give free food to the community in need. We are pleased to offer this ministry to the community. If you know someone in our area in need of food, please let them know of this free opportunity.
- Please continue to read our weekly missions email to see where you can help others in need during this pandemic.
I want to take this opportunity to once again thank the wonderful, dedicated, talented, and devoted staff here at NFUMC for all they are doing to continue to serve God and serve you day in and day out. We are truly blessed by this amazing group of loving Christian men and women.
Please be safe and smart if you need to go out of your homes for any reason. Wash your hands, wear your mask, say your prayers, and trust in the God of ALL creation!
Remember, God loves you and so do I.
Rev. Eddie Bradford
Sr. Pastor, Norcross First UMC
770-448-4142 x 107