I continue to be grateful, amazed and blessed by the heart of this church. You all have been encouraging and patient and willing to help where needed. How good it is to be part of this Body of Christ.
I’m sure many of you are ready to get back together in worship as much as your pastors and worship leadership. We long to be with you again – to see you in “3-D” as I say. Please know we are working to that end and plan to make July 5th our first day of in-person worship. It will be a great day.
PLEASE NOTE: The worship times are a bit different to allow for proper cleaning between services. The Table Modern Worship will begin at 9:00 a.m. and the Traditional Worship will begin at 11:00 a.m.
(Please be aware that if circumstances change we may need to push that re-opening date later, but we will be continuing online either way so you can still join us for worship.)
In order for things to go well and for us to continue our in-person worship we will all need to be ready to do our part to keep ourselves and others safe and healthy. I will be putting out a video to help explain the processes we will require, but you can also see below what we plan to ask.
I would also like to invite you to download our First Methodist Conroe app by
. With our app, you will be able to find our general reopening procedures from below, RSVP to attend a worship service, fill out your Connect Card, view our digital bulletin, and much more!
• All those coming in the building are asked to wear a mask while in the building and to maintain a 6-foot safe distance from others. This also applies to coming in the main doors from the Plaza – please do not gather up as a crowd at the doors but keep a proper 6-foot distance.
- This is being asked because studies have shown that wearing a mask and safe-distancing – when done together – are highly effective for reducing the spread of the virus.
- Wearing a mask also can be helpful for easing the anxieties of those around you – a way of showing love for others.
• If you are in the more vulnerable categories of those who can be most significantly impacted by the virus WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO REMAIN AT HOME and join us online for worship. We want you to remain safe and healthy.
- Vulnerable categories include:
- Those over 60 years of age
- Those with suppressed immune systems
- Those with other health conditions that may compromise your immune system
• As with any place these days – if you have any symptoms or think you might have been exposed, please remain at home and worship online.
Before you arrive:
• Please visit
or use your
to reserve a spot for your family. This will help us ensure we are not putting too many people in one of the rooms we are using.
- You may see this eNews before we have that in place. Please be patient as we work to get everything set.
- If you do not have access to the online reservation system, you can call the church office at 936-756-3395 and put in extension 111 when prompted.
Coming into the church:
• Please arrive no sooner than 15 minutes before the worship service as the doors will not be open until then
(8:45 a.m. for The Table & 10:45 a.m. for Traditional worship and Celebración). This will help us have everything properly ready and in place.
• FMC Table and Traditional attenders will enter through the main plaza entrance.
• Celebración attenders will enter through the west doors by the Wesley Room.
• Doors will be propped open. Hand sanitizer will be available. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
• All worshipers will be asked to enter the building and go straight to a seat in the Sanctuary (or Gym). Do not stop to socialize (but wave at all the friends you see!). Seats will be marked to allow for social distancing between families.
• Offering baskets are available as you enter or as you leave.
• We would love to hear you sing, but that can pose some risk, so sing softly (but with great rejoicing in your heart!).
• When you exit the Sanctuary you will need to do so by row beginning in the back of the room. Remember to keep that 6-foot distance between your family and the next one.
• All worshipers will need to exit the building immediately so cleaning crews can do their work and ready the building for the next worship service (or to do a final clean before that crew is off the clock).
That’s the basic procedures for July 5th. We can’t wait to see some of you in worship. Others we will see you online!
at First Methodist Conroe