August 14, 2020
Dear Y Member,
This update is focusing on current and upcoming Y programs. We're excited to continue adding to our offerings.
ENHANCING YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL DAY
We have changed our plan to match the school hybrid schedule this fall.
We've got you covered.
Program Dates & Times:
- August 31 through May 28. We generally follow Marion City Schools (MCS) and Pleasant Local Schools calendars.
Before school care: starting 6:45 am until school bus picks up at the Y. MCS will pick up for George Washington & Benjamin Harrison. Pleasant picks up for Pleasant Elementary.
After school care: until 6:00 pm - Arrival at Y by MCS bus from George Washington & Benjamin Harrison or from Pleasant by Pleasant bus until 6:00 pm.
Full Day Care: Will be offered while school districts operate on a hybrid in-school model due to COVID-19. The program will be offered Monday- Friday. Weekly fees are for a child to attend three days per week.
Click here for more details or to register go to marionymca.org/register
PRESCHOOL FULL DAY CHILD CARE
Registration for our full-day Preschool Child Care is open. Basic information is:
- September 1, 2020 - May 29, 2021 Monday through Friday
- 6:45 am - 5:45 pm for ages 3 through 5.
For more details click here or
Contact Justis Davis at email@example.com or 740-725-9622.
YOUTH SPORTS ARE BACK!
Registration is now open for Youth Soccer, Youth Flag Football and Youth Cheer Leading. Soccer and flag football are open for ages 3-12. Cheer leading ages 3-9. Season starts Saturday, September 12 with a scheduled time to meet your child's coach.
GET INSPIRED. GET TOGETHER.GET RESULTS
SMALL GROUP TRAINING
YMCA WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
Tools for healthy living
August 19—November 11, Wednesdays 5:15-6:15 pm Limit of 9
We continue to offer the following to our members:
- Building Hours: Monday – Friday 5:00 am – 2:15 pm and 3:30 – 8:00 pm; Saturday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Group Exercise classes through a Virtual Private Facebook Group Page (available to members only, including members on hold) and
Group Exercise classes in-person by reservation. Click here for this month's schedule.
- Two Full Size Basketball Courts – No reservations needed, available for Open Gym and Pickleball.
Marion’s only Indoor Aquatic Center with Two Pools, Lap Swim, Family Swim and individual Adult Water exercise by reservations.
- Water exercise classes, martial arts, and swim team.
- Full day Preschool Child Care
- School Age Child Care
- Showers Monday through Friday 5:00am - 2:00pm
By working together and following our health protocols, we hope to continue adding opportunities for our members to be healthy and well through the Y.
Thank you for continuing to be part of our Y family.
Director of Relationships
Reminder of our Health protocols and policies...
- Masks are required except while exercising & for children 9 & younger.
We're continuing to ask all members to perform self-screening before entering the building. You can read the screening requirements here.
- Members are asked to remain 6 feet from others unless you are spotting someone. Thank you for your cooperation.
- We're closed for cleaning Monday through Friday 2:15-3:30 pm.
Please remember to scan out when you leave the building. We have a scanner just prior to the Wellness Center exit and another scanner in the lobby.
- After using equipment for your workout, please spray the provided towel with cleaner & then wipe the equipment. This is better for the equipment & better for sanitizing than spraying the equipment & wiping off the sanitizer.
- Locker rooms are open for use as restrooms & to change clothes.
- Showers are open Monday through Friday from 5:00 am - 2:00 pm.
- No use of lockers.
- We've removed the adult & youth designation of the locker rooms for the summer. People of all ages may use either locker room.
- We are disinfecting locker rooms every 2 hours. While we are disinfecting, the locker room may be closed. If the door is locked or sign posted that it's closed; members will need to use the other locker room.
- We have a deck shower on the 8 Lane Pool deck for swimmers to rinse off before & after swimming.
We have a new member waiver for all adult members to sign. You can sign it electronically before your first visit to the Y. Link to YMCA Electronic Signature Page