May 13, 2020
We are blessed!
Despite these difficult and uncertain times, the continued support of our members, donors, volunteers and staff ensured that our YMCA has remained viable!
Thank you for supporting your YMCA!
Thank you for ensuring that despite such a challenging environment, our Y was STILL able to help those children, teens, seniors and families who are the most vulnerable in our community.
Over the past 2 months, we have done some important work:
- Our Essential Working Family Child Care has been visited 2,000 times at our two locations.
- We delivered food and sanitary products to families in need.
- We visited from a distance, called and checked in with dozens of our senior members. We even mowed a couple lawns!
- Several of the at-risk teens in our Outreach Program were able to continue their school plans, graduate from high school, complete college financial assistance, and work at jobs that helped them to stay positive.
- Our "Virtual YMCA" programs have been viewed over 125,000 times
Thank you all for being a part of this important mission!
Updates to YMCA Branch Operations
beginning Monday, May 18
The safety of our members, staff and participants will be a top priority as we develop processes based on the CDC, State, and County Health Department guidelines.
The following information is what we know
at this time
we will NOT provide initially
guidelines and mandates:
• Group Exercise Classes
• Pools, Steam Rooms, and Saunas
• Pick-Up Basketball
• Child Watch
• Rental Groups, Parties, and Private Events
And, we have more good news!
Because of the support provided to our YMCA Annual Campaign, we will be able to provide 90-day “Bridge Memberships” to help those whose jobs are still unavailable after the Governor lifts restrictions.
Therefore, to qualify, you must meet two criteria:
1) You were an active member on March 1
and, 2) when the Governor permits businesses to re-open your job is still unavailable, we will help.
Thank you for being a part of our YMCA Family.
Stay Safe! And we’ll see you soon!
President/CEO, Scott County Family Y