Please find updates below for our reservation system. We apologize for any confusion you may have experienced this week. We reached out to Appointment King, our reservation system provider and have received feedback which we have included below:
- Our reservation system, Appointment King automatically made a change this week that we were unaware of. Previously reservations over 12 hours were done by day and we had a 3 day maximum for advance reservations.
- Starting this week it switched to hours and based on our settings was allowing reservations up to 96 hours which is basically 4 days. This was what caused confusion as many of you found days already booked beyond what you typically reserve.
As of today, Wednesday 8-12-2020 we have changed the advance reservation maximum to 72 hours to align closer to the 3 day advance booking that you were accustomed to and that was working well for us.
So your window to make a reservation is now from 1 hour up to 72 hours. As an example, if you went into Appointment King on Friday morning at 7:00am, you could book a reservation anytime between the Friday 8:15am time slot up to to the Monday morning 7:00am time slot.
- We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this change has caused you. This is something we definitely should have communicated to you in advance however, we were unaware it was happening. When we spoke with Appointment King they apologized for not letting us know and one of the founding developers of the company called us directly to extend his sincerest apology and said they will "do better" .
- Appointment King said they made the change based on feedback they were receiving from Y's they work with across the country. They said by switching to hours it makes it more fair for all members to make advance reservations, especially in areas that get filled up quickly. Before, a member at 12:01am could make a reservation for anytime on the 3rd day. The way it is now, you can book up to 72 hours from the time that you are making the appointment.
- The 72 hours maximum will be the same whether you make the reservation online or by calling the Y. We encourage all members to make their reservation online as our staff may not always be available by phone.
We want to thank you for your continued patience as we navigate all these new challenges and we appreciate you working with all these new systems we have had to put in place.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions and we look forward to seeing you soon.
VP of Operations