Dear Valued Y Member,
We deeply appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate the challenging circumstances related to the Coronavirus. We are all operating in unknown territory right now, and we are working as quickly as we can to keep you updated and address your questions.
At the Valley Shore YMCA, everything we do is guided by our commitment to support our community, and this is even more critical now. When you belong to the Y, you are not only a member of a health and wellness facility, you are a member of an organization dedicated to strengthening our community. In difficult times, the Y pivots in response to community needs, and finds ways to use our resources to offer solutions – and you can help.
our membership helps support our efforts to meet the critical needs in our community during this pandemic. In addition to the daily videos and posts to connect and motivate all members of our community, we are working hard to open an emergency child care program to provide care for children of healthcare workers as they brace for the surge projected in April.
As we communicated previously, the April membership draft was POSTPONED. Here are a few way you can help:
We respectfully ask that you consider keeping your membership active during this time so that we can remain fully focused on our efforts to help our community stay strong in spirit, mind and body. Should you choose to keep your membership active, please know how deeply grateful we are for your generosity. If you continue your membership now, but wish to put it on hold at a later date, you can simply let us know.
to let us know you can Stay With Us, otherwise no further action is necessary.
Our quarterly and annual pre-paid members will be contacted separately to determine if you would like to continue your membership as is or extend your termination date. Again, please consider Staying With Us if you are able.
If you are on a Medicare reimbursed membership, please be on the lookout for a separate email on how to log your workouts if you are watching our daily videos. We will be reimbursed for your workouts, so it's a win-win!
It goes without saying that the Coronavirus has created enormous uncertainty. However, how we respond is within our control. As soon as we realized the severity of the situation, we mobilized to explore ways the Y could help our community. You play a vital role in helping us deploy these services and serve our community by CONTINUING your membership or making a
donation to our Covid-19 Fund
WE'RE STAYING WITH YOU!
While we wait to re-open, here are just a few ways we can help:
- Wellness Calls. Thank you very much to the 40+ volunteers who have offered to make wellness calls to our members to check in and break up social isolation.
- Daily Workout Videos. Many of your favorite classes are being offered online so you can watch online and stay healthy and active.
- Ways to Watch:
- Watch from our Facebook Page (You do not need a facebook account to view the videos or Live Streams!)
- See a complete list of all of our classes and activities here: https://vsymca.org/staying-in-activities/
- Daily workout and wellness activities.
- Sign up here to get a daily email with the planned activities each day!
- Family Activities are available throughout the week on our Facebook page as well.
- Family Stay at Home Scavenger Hunt - April 9 at 6:30 pm. Sign up here on our Facebook Event Page.
Together, we will come through this pandemic stronger than ever. We wish you and your family good health. Thank you for being a Y member.
Yours in service,