Dear Grotting & Cohn Plastic Surgery patients, family, and friends,
These are certainly unsettling times, and all of us here at Grotting & Cohn Plastic Surgery recognize the anxiety and concerns surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Please rest assured that
our patients’ health and well-being has and always will be our number one priority.
This reminder bears repeating in the face of the concerns and considerations posed by this current pandemic. To that end, we want to share some of the steps that
we are taking to ensure that we are doing everything we can to protect one another from spreading the virus.
It is our genuine intention and promise to respect the recommendations and best practices made by health professionals regarding social-distancing and hygiene.
- As a surgical office, we know how important cleanliness is, and we always strive to maintain the highest standards of hygiene and sterility. To provide further protection and peace of mind, we have increased both the frequency and extensivity of our office cleaning routines. Between each patient, each exam room will have all relevant surfaces wiped down with disinfectants that are effective against the coronavirus.
- Rest assured that hand washing by us and all of our staff is strictly followed. Hand sanitizer is available to all staff and patients and in each exam room. We are all adhering to a no handshake policy.
- We are making efforts to minimize use of our communal waiting room. We are committed to scheduling fewer patients per hour so that when you arrive, you can go directly into a freshly cleaned exam room and minimize the possible need to sit in the community waiting room. Alternatively, if we are running off-schedule, if you would prefer, you may wait in your car, and we will be happy to, call you when an exam room is ready for you to go into directly.
- We will gladly work with our patients to provide a detailed phone-conversation as part of their follow-up if an office visit may not be necessary for them.
- We are asking that all patients with upper respiratory symptoms (such as cough, fever, shortness of breath) cancel and reschedule their appointments. We advise you to call your family doctor if you do have any of these symptoms. Additionally, if you have recently traveled to a country with high rates of coronavirus or have been on a cruise, we would ask that you please reschedule your visit for at least 14 days.
- We are limiting outside vendors and reps from elective visitation in our office over the next several weeks.
- We are currently fully prepared to perform all scheduled surgical procedures and are taking all necessary precautions to ensure your safety and well-being. We will adjust our surgical schedule to follow best-practices and recommendations encouraged by relevant medical experts and our professional societies.
While the COVID-19 situation and appropriate response remain fluid, please know that we are doing everything we can to limit your exposure and risk. You will likely receive a pre-screening phone call to confirm and inquire about any recent illness and/or your desire to reschedule prior to your appointment, if appropriate for your situation. As our response needs to be adjusted in order to be responsible and sensitive to the health and well-being of our patients and community, we will gladly keep you updated. We plan to update our website and social media accounts with accurate information that reflect our real-time response and adjustment to the pandemic.
Until then, we remain available to answer any questions and be of assistance in any way that we are capable. Wishing each of you health and best wishes during this uncertain and difficult period.
Drs. Grotting & Cohn and staff
Grotting & Cohn Plastic Surgery
One Inverness Center Parkway
Birmingham, Al 35242