YAG GENERAL MEETING – Minutes, Feb. 3, 2021 10 am
Jan Darcy welcomed guests and members on Zoom. Much thanks and welcome to Paul Schulenburg, guest demo artist. Today’s agenda provided by Joan Johnson, our President. Joan sends warm greetings, kind thoughts that you remain safe.
Minutes from Jan. 6, 2021 General Meeting: Motion accepted to approve.
$35 annual fee includes design, set up, maintenance on artist page.
- Jan Darcy is in charge of audio/visual today.
- New focus on inviting art students to join YAG, with student reduced fees.
- Mary Kay Ebersold is working on social media.
- No indoor sites at this time (Pam DeYoung).
- Cis Poremba is in charge of SHOWCASE. Sign up to briefly show/discuss your art, via zoom or at the meetings. April, May, November still open. Cis introduces Dr. Gail Burke, Phd and our YAG historian, SHOWCASE artist today!
Gail attended Boston College and enjoys working with many subjects and mediums, challenging and expanding her talent. She shared some lovely paintings, including her series titled “Cape Cod Critters”.
Michael introduces our demo artist:
Paul Schulenburg, internationally collected artist, has shown his work in Hopper House Museum, with solo shows at Cape Cod Museum of Art, group exhibitions at CCMA, Provincetown Art Association and Museum, Cahoon Museum of American Art. His art has appeared in many national art publications. Paul worked on an oil painting from his studio, from a beautiful photo of a female model. He kindly shared many techniques ,and discussed his workshops which often includes live models and musicians! Paul is also an illustrator, and shared some of his illustrations. He teaches and works in Eastham.
Our next meeting will be March 3, 10AM. Demo artist will be Karen North Wells. Showcase artist will be Sharon Lieberwirth.
Join us for the St. Patrick’s Day Holiday Zoom Party, Wed, March 17, 5 pm, with a unique story, cocktail ,treat, and fun.!
Motion to adjourn meeting.
Joan thanks all board members and volunteers for their unique and vital assistance during this pandemic.
Feb. 7, 2021
CC Feb. 22, 2021