Gary and Adam have been harvesting their peaches this week and generously shared them with the staff at Fennig Equipment. I used mine in this yummy muffin recipe!
½ c. butter, softened
¾ c. sugar
½ c. sour cream or yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup chopped fresh peaches
1 c. chopped pecans, optional
- Beat together butter and sugar. Add egg, sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into butter mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in peaches and pecans, if desired.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Coll for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.