1. Approved the minutes of County Council Workshop - Workshop - Feb 25, 2022 12:00 PM 2. Approved the minutes of Health and Environmental Protection Committee - Health and Environmental Protection Committee - Mar 1, 2022 6:00 PM
3. Approved the minutes of Economic Development Committee - Planning & Economic Development Committee - Mar 7, 2022 5:00 PM
4. Approved the minutes of County Council - County Council Meeting - Mar 7, 2022 6:00 PM 5. Authorized staff to apply for and accept if awarded the Lowe's Hometown's Grant in the amount of $150,000, no local match required.
6. Gave Second Reading of AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE SALE OF A 2,856 SQUARE FOOT (0.0656 OF AN ACRE, MORE OR LESS) PORTION OF A PARCEL LOCATED IN FORT MILL AND PREVIOUSLY IDENTIFIED AS PART OF TAX MAP NUMBER 646-00-00-099, AND WHICH PROPERTY WAS ACQUIRED BY THE COUNTY AS PART OF PROJECT NUMBER 17228-006, HUBERT GRAHAM WAY EXTENSION (DRY RUN ROAD), AND WHICH PROPERTY IS NO LONGER NEEDED FOR THE PROJECT; AUTHORIZING THE CHAIRWOMAN AND COUNTY STAFF TO EXECUTE THE DEED AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTS NECESSARY TO CLOSE THE TRANSACTION; PROVIDING FOR A PUBLIC HEARING; AND PROVIDING FOR OTHER MATTERS RELATING THERETO.
7. Authorized an additional allocation of $223,000 to the Rock Hill/York County Convention and Visitor's Bureau from Accommodation Tax Funds.
8. Approved a Magistrate Agreement between the County of York and the Town of Clover.
9. Authorized the Sheriff's Department to apply for and accept if awarded a Police Traffic Services Grant from the S.C. Dept. of Public Safety in the amount of $378,627.
10. Authorized the Sheriff's Office to apply for and accept if awarded a DUI Enforcement Grant from the S.C. Dept. of Public Safety in the amount of $187,057.
11. Authorized the Sheriff's Office to apply for and accept if awarded a School Resource Officer Program Grant from the S.C. Dept. of Public Safety in the amount of $1,392,379.
12. Approved declaration of four County owned vehicles as County surplus.
13. Approved a Mitigation Agreement with Gold Hill Hotel, LLC for road improvements identified within the TIA for the expansion of a mixed use development along Pleasant Road in Fort Mill; referred as Tax Map Number 651-00-00-434.
14. Authorized contract negotiations with Cole-Jenest & Stone, Bolton & Menk of Charlotte, NC regarding RFP #2810 for Grant Consulting Services, and to authorize the County Manager to execute the contractual agreement upon successful negotiations.
15. Approved the First Addendum to the Contract between York County and Marathon Staffing, Inc., of Columbia, SC for temporary staffing services.
16. Approved the Road Acceptance Requests for Lake Crest subdivision Phases 2 & 3, Rhyne Estates subdivision and Wrenplace Road in Project Leia
17. Approved the Road Acceptance Requests for Paddlers Cove subd: Paddlers Cove Subdivision Phases 1, 2 and Paddlers Cove Drive Extension.
1. HELD A PUBLIC HEARING AND GAVE THIRD READING OF AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE EXECUTION AND DELIVERY OF A FEE IN LIEU OF TAX AGREEMENT BY AND BETWEEN YORK COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA AND NUCYCLE, LLC (FORMERLY KNOWN AS “PROJECT DONALD”) WITH RESPECT TO CERTAIN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROPERTY IN THE COUNTY, WHEREBY SUCH PROPERTY WILL BE SUBJECT TO CERTAIN PAYMENTS IN LIEU OF TAXES; AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED THERETO.
1. Rezoning Action: Gave Second Reading Case # 21-22 Tax Map # 653-00-00-010; 653-00-00-024; 653-00-00-025 Zoning Request: To rezone from OI to GC Acres: 3.5 +/- acres Council District: One (1) - Audette Applicant: Hall Johnston Owner: Millwood, Powell, McMurry Location: W. Highway 160, Fort Mill Planning Commission Date: February 14, 2022 Staff Recommendation: Approve PC Recommendation: Approve (9-0) with condition
2. Rezoning Action: Gave Second Reading Case # 22-01 Tax Map # 436-00-00-013(portion) Zoning Request: To rezone from AGC to RUD Acres: 1.0 +/- acres Council District: Five (5) - Cox Applicant: Debra Spangenberg Owner: Brannon and Ashlyn Spangenberg Location: 4211 Madonna Drive, Rock Hill Planning Commission Date: February 14, 2022 Staff Recommendation: Approve with condition PC Recommendation: Approve with condition (9-0) 3. Rezoning Action: Gave Second Reading Case # 22-02 Tax Map # 543-00-00-052 Zoning Request: To rezone from ID to RUD Acres: 7.46 +/- acres Council District: Six (6) - Guffey Applicant: Sean Sides and Lori Galster
Owner: Sean Sides and Lori Galster Location: 5062 Matthews Simril Road, Rock Hill Planning Commission Date: February 14, 2022 Staff Recommendation: Approve PC Recommendation: Approve (9-0)
Committee and Other Reports:
* Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting, Tuesday, March 15, 2022, 5:15pm Chairwoman Allison Love
* Finance & Operations Committee Meeting, Monday, March 21, 2022, 5:15pm Chairman Robert Winkler Council Member
Council member William "Bump" Roddey stated that the Planning and Zoning Committee is going to make modifications to the recode and would like to have public input. In addition, Mr. Roddey requested to look into dedicating trees on County property to victims who were killed by gun violence.
Council member Robert Winkler encouraged citizens to run for County Council in their district if they are interested in serving their community.
Council member Tom Audette stated that the Planning and Zoning Committee addressed commercial parking spaces and the process is much easier for businesses. Mr. Audette also stated that he is working with the Council on Aging to get Access Bus Transportation in the Fort Mill/Tega Cay area.
Council member Brandon Guffey encouraged citizens in the building community to review the recode and reach out to Council members if they feel modifications need to be made.
Matters for consideration following Executive Session:
(Note per Tom Audette - I voted against this rules suspension)
Suspended the rules for the purposes of the following motion.
(Note per Tom Audette - I voted against this resolution)
Approved a resolution committing York County (1) to enter into, amend, or take any actions necessary to execute and deliver a Fee-In-Lieu of Tax and Incentive Agreement with GT Real Estate Holding, LLC ("GTRE"), its affiliates, related entities, covenant to accept certain negotiated Fees in Lieu of Ad Valorem Taxes; (2) to provide for special source revenue or infrastructure improvement credits; (3) to provide specific assurances related to economic development incentives and pertinent agreements approved for the project; (4) and other matters relating thereto, as discussed in Executive Session.