Greetings and Happy Holidays
You made a difference in 2018 . . .
Services have expanded since last year:
- The average number of households supported each month increased by 19%.
- We've seen an average of 10 more households per month and spent nearly 10% more on financial assistance than last year.
- New Program: Home Delivery - volunteers are delivering groceries to our neighbors who are home bound.
- New Program: HOME Project - preventing homelessness.
This means you helped us serve MORE people in
our community than ever before!
But more people in our community need us
than ever before.
That is why we're asking you to give to the
of the money that enables Western Wake Crisis Ministry to serve those in need comes from YOU - individual donors, churches, local businesses, and private foundations. If we're to continue to BE more and DO more in our community next year, we need you alongside us
making a direct and local impact.
On behalf of everyone we serve, thank you.
REMEMBERING A BELOVED
Queen always focused on how WWCM could better serve people in need and challenged us to expand services however we could. We will remember her fondly as someone who didn't pull any punches but always challenged us in a way that could be received. She will be greatly missed.
Volunteers are the heart and soul of our work. We are building three new volunteer teams in early 2019. Please let us know if you are interested in being a part of one of these teams:
- this group will plan and implement outreach events including neighborhood canvasing, free neighborhood farmers markets, school and agency outreach, keeping outreach materials up to date.
- This group will prep for and represent WWCM at events such as PeakFest, Pig Fest, Latino Festival, Apex/Holly Springs/Fuquay Varina Night Out events, and other activities that help the community know more about WWCM
Landlord Engagement Team
- This group will work with our Social Worker to plan and host a landlord breakfast and conduct other activities throughout the year to help build relationships with local landlords, especially those who are already renting to families that we serve.
Please take a moment to look at other ways you can help:
Have you placed your bid on a fabulous tree or wreath?
The show runs until December 20th.
The Halle Cultural Arts Center's
11th Anniversary Tree & Wreath Exhibit and Auction
features themed greenery dreamed up by individuals, Apex area businesses, schools, performing groups and other organizations.
Each tree and wreath go home to the highest bidder, and proceeds benefit WWCM.
Keep in touch on social - now on Instagram!