URGENT ACTION NEEDED:
Ohio Discriminatory Bill is Moving
A Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity bill (HB 369) has now been scheduled for a hearing in the House Civil Justice Committee at 2:00 pm on Tuesday, January 28.
There is no greater threat to religious freedom and privacy than this bill. We need to take action immediately to ensure this bill never moves forward!
Some of the most powerful and well-funded special interest groups are backing this devastating legislation.
The so-called "Ohio Fairness Act," better named the Ohio UnFairness Act, creates a laundry list of problems for businesses, ministries, medical professionals, women, and children.
It also threatens Bible-believing Christians with severe penalties for simply living out our faith.
Just like its companion bill in the Senate, SB 11, this bill creates a host of negative impacts, including:
- Requiring biological men be allowed in women’s restrooms, locker rooms, and showers if they claim they identify as women.
- Requiring boys be allowed to play in girls’ sports in public schools if they claim they identify as women.
- Forcing women’s homeless shelters and domestic violence shelters to allow biological men who claim to identify as women to bathe and bunk with women.
- Allowing state government to remove children from parents’ custody who don’t consent to dangerous conversion/hormone therapy.
- Forcing doctors to participate in “gender transition” surgeries and procedures.
- Requiring businesses to participate in same-sex weddings, even if the wedding violates their religious beliefs.
The truth is, this bill doesn’t create equality, it creates massive inequality by making Christians, women, and children second-class citizens by restricting their religious freedom and privacy rights.
TAKE ACTION TODAY:
The House Civil Justice Committee members need to hear from you to oppose the Ohio UnFairness Act! Use the button below to email the committee members.
- Rep. Gil Blair (D-Weathersfield) House District 63 | (614) 466-3488
- Rep. Richard Brown (D-Canal Winchester) House District 20 | (614) 644-6002
- Rep. Jim Butler (R-Oakwood) House District 41 | (614) 644-6008
- Rep. Jamie Callender (R-Concord) House District 61 | (614) 644-6074
- Rep. Jeffrey Crossman (D-Parma) House District 15 | (614) 466-3485
- Rep. Robert Cupp (R-Lima) House District 4 | (614) 466-9624
- Rep. Tavia Galonski (D-Akron) House District 35 | (614) 644-6037
- Rep. Steve Hambley (R-Brunswick) House District 69 | (614) 466-8140
- Rep. Paula Hicks-Hudson (D-Toledo) House District 44 | (614) 466-1401
- Rep. Brett Hillyer (R-Uhrichsville) House District 98 | (614) 466-8035
- Rep. Derek Merrin (R-Monclova) House District 47 | (614) 466-1731
- Rep. Tom Patton (R-Strongsville) House District 7 | (614) 466-4895
- Rep. Bill Seitz (R-Green Twp.) House District 30 | (614) 466-8258
- Rep. Michael Skindell (D-Lakewood) House District 13 | (614) 466-5921
- Rep. D.J. Swearingen (R-Huron) House District 89 | (614) 644-6011
More Resources on Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Laws
Citizens for Community Values | P.O. Box 2945 | Columbus, Ohio 43216 |