Join Us to Celebrate and Shape the Vermont Creative Network!
Don't miss the wrap-up event for our fall action planning process. Join us for a lunchtime Action Summit, a day of virtual meet-up sessions with creative peers, a surprise musical performance, and a chance to shape our final plan priorities!
Jamboree! is the final event in the Vermont Creative Network’s 2020 action planning process. Hundreds of creative Vermonters have spent the fall dreaming, envisioning, scheming, planning, and prioritizing ideas to catalyze our creative sector. Come see our draft action framework, vote for your priorities, learn about quick action areas, and keep connecting with your creative peers.
- Celebration and official unveiling of original VT creative sector vision artwork by Juniper Creative Arts
- Lightning talks and brown bag lunches on five critical creative sector action areas: equity and diversity, network building, leadership and advocacy, business development and entrepreneurship, and placemaking
- A presentation on fall action planning results and the draft VCN action framework
- Meet-up sessions all day for creatives in business, advocacy, non-profit work, community building and more
- Performance by a surprise musical guest!
Meet-Up Sessions (45-min sessions on the hour from 8-11 a.m. and from 2-5 p.m. lasting 30-45 minutes). Meet-up with creative peers for a quick, fun networking and connection session:
- 8 a.m. Creatives in business & entrepreneurship
- 9 a.m. Creatives in advocacy & government
- 10 a.m. Creatives in social service & cause-based work
- 2 p.m. Newcomers & old-timers (creatives new to VT or who've been here for years)
- 3 p.m. Creatives in community building & local placemaking
- 4 p.m. Creatives in education
VCN Action Summit & Virtual Brown Bag Lunches (12-2 p.m.)
Tune in to see the results of our 2020 action planning process. We'll reveal VCN's new vision and action framework and original vision artwork from Juniper Creative Arts. You'll vote on priorities for actions and next steps. And five speakers will give lightning pitches about quick action opportunities you can engage in right now. All invited to come early for speed networking and stay late for brown bag lunches with our speakers.
- 11:30 a.m. Speed networking
- 12 p.m. Action summit (performance & presentation, live polling & lightning talks)
- 1 p.m. Brown bag lunches on placemaking, community leadership, equity and diversity, VCN zones and network building, and small business development.