Ask educators in any part of the country and they will tell you there’s no debate: summers matter for children and families. When communities harness the power of summer learning, all children can grow and thrive.That’s why the
United Way of Greater Atlanta
(UWGA) and the
Georgia Statewide Afterschool Network
(GSAN) commissioned a special report, the
Greater Atlanta Summer Learning Community Landscape Report
, that looks at critical community data and recommendations to move the needle on summer learning access and quality for all youth.
Join the National Summer Learning Association (NSLA) for a Town Hall where we will delve into the recent findings and priorities in the report, explore national education trends, and examine strategies for sustaining and funding high quality summer opportunities so all young people can grow and thrive every summer.
: Monday, October 21, 2019 – 5:00 – 6:30pm. Reception to follow. This is a free but ticketed event. RSVP is required by Thursday, October 17, 2019.
: Omni Hotel and CNN Center, 100 CNN Center, Atlanta, GA 30303
- National Perspective on Summer Learning and Education Panel Discussion
- Aaron Phillip Dworkin – CEO, National Summer Learning Association
- Barry D. Ford, J.D. – President and CEO, Council for a Strong America
- Jodi Grant – CEO, Afterschool Alliance
- Johan Uvin – President, Institute for Educational Leadership
- Why Summer is Important in Greater Atlanta
- Greater Atlanta Summer Learning Landscape
- Panel Discussion
- Steve Dolinger – President, Georgia Partnership for Excellence in Education
- Amy M. Jacobs – Commissioner, Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
- Katie Landes (Moderator) – Director, Georgia Statewide Afterschool Network
- Milton J. Little, Jr. – President and CEO, United Way of Greater Atlanta
- Alex Wan – Executive Director, Horizons Atlanta
The Community Town Hall on summer learning is a part of the National Summer Learning Association’s national conference,
Summer Changes Everything™
, October 21-23. Visit here
to see the conference line-up and register at a special rate for the full conference.